CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 25, 2008

one remaining memory

For some reason I can only remember that race. I was in sixth grade and we had a track meet. I was in the one lap relay against 12 other girls. I was so nervous that the veins in my legs turned purple. I was place in the second group and the very last person. The gun fired and it startled me so I started off in bad position. Everyone except Jordan and I where way ahead in the race. I keep telling myself over and over again what my father told me about when I get around the cover to take off sprinting. Also, I repeated what I wanted to accomplish: Win the race and to make someone so proud of me. The cover was come up all I had to do was kick it in gear. As I was sprinting it felt as though I had no legs and that I was going to trip and fall. I keep going faster and faster. Passing opponent after opponent. I didn’t win the race but, I did come in fifth out of twelve. Even though I didn’t win the race I felt as though I did and everyone was really proud of me. I guess I only remember this because it was a moment in my life where I felt like nothing someone could say or do could bring me down.

0 comments: